Marco Crupi, former professional photographer (from 2015 to 2022), influencer, blogger, and web developer, currently living in Messina, born in 1988; his photography blog has been a reference point for many photographers since 2008 and is considered one of the most read photography websites in Italy.
From 2015 to 2021 he collaborated with Panasonic as a Global Brand Ambassador and also made partnerships with numerous other leading companies in the photography industry such as: Epson, Nokia, Carl Zeiss, Samsung, Crumpler, Energizer, and Manfrotto.
Author of the photography book “Occhio, Mente e Cuore,” a bestseller on Lulu.com (from 2012 to today).
His work is published daily in numerous print and online magazines, nationally and internationally.
Although he started as a landscape and reportage photographer, he works in a variety of photography genres.
For further details on his work experience and collaborations, you can view his CV below.
– End of contract with Panasonic, I have been a Global Brand Ambassador from 2015 to 2021.
– Between 2019 and 2020, some of my photos were published in the prestigious Lonely Planet tourist guides.
– On April 14, I was interviewed by Panasonic Italy during a live event on Facebook.
– On May 5, Panasonic Italy published part of my reportage on Covid-19 on its official Facebook page.
– On November 16, I held a workshop for Panasonic and Euronics at the PHOTO CONCEPT event.
– In late September, Slow Food International and Slow Food Italy commissioned me to do a reportage to document the presidia of central Italy affected by the 2016 earthquake.
– In August, I did a reportage sponsored by Panasonic of the Aeolian Islands, which was used in their marketing campaign for the Lumix S1.
– From May 18 to June 14, as the global brand ambassador for Panasonic, I held a series of workshops in various cities in Italy for the Lumix Pro Tour 2019.
– On May 13, I became one of the freelance photographers for the important French magazine Marie Claire.
– On April 7, my photos represented Messina in the Geo program broadcast on Rai 3: My photos of Messina broadcast on Geo program on Rai 3.
– Day 1 February start work as Photographer, Webmaster and Social Media Manager for Mediterranea Bike.
– From January 28 to February 1, I participated in the Digital Imaging 2019 as a global ambassador for Panasonic.
– Day 1 January registration of the brand and launch of the related website slowsicily.org
– On December 6, 2018 I received a Google Digital Training certificate by successfully passing the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing exam. Certificate ID: QCS 2XL PMN.
– Article/Interview for the Corriere della Sera website.
Present at the PHOTOFESTIVAL 2018 (June 15) with the Workshop “The Landscape: from the shot to the publication”.
– STYLE MAGAZINE no. 7/8 of June 13, the national magazine attached to Corriere della Sera talks about my reportage “Trip to Sicily”.
– Workshop at SME in Pordenone for Panasonic on June 13.
– From April 4 to 14 I participated as a photographer and social media manager in the “Appennino Bike Tour” project for the establishment of the largest cycle path in Italy.
– Interviewed by Radio Palermo Centrale on March 22.
– Interviewed by Reflex-Mania on March 20.
– In February, my photos of “Trip to Sicily” are published in the international Panasonic magazine “Lumix Stories”: Hidden Sicily.
– On February 28, I collaborated with the printing service Saal-Digital to review one of their products.
– On February 21, the national newspaper “La Repubblica” talks about my reportage “Trip to Sicily”.
– On November 5th, I participated as a European Lumix Ambassador at the Panasonic DIGITAL IMAGING SEMINAR 2017 in Lisbon, one of my tasks was to lead the group of Italian journalists to discover the Lumix G9.
– From September 16th to December 9th, I carried out a series of photography workshops throughout Italy as a European Lumix Ambassador for Panasonic.
– In October, the Tourism Department of the Sicilian Region selected some of my photos taken during the Trip to Sicily for the setup of stands and the printing of promotional giant posters at UNESCO fairs worldwide.
– From June 4th to August 31st, I was busy with the “Trip around Sicily in 80 days” reportage, sponsored by Panasonic, Slow Food Sicily and BRN. 81 days, 2600km traveled, 40 Slow Food presidencies, dozens of interviews, over 31,000 photos taken: all by bike, with the help of solar panels and with the mission of spreading the culture of sustainability.
– Collaboration with Manfrotto as an author of the prestigious Manfrotto School of Xcellence website, from June 5th to March 24th, 2017.
– From December 5th to 11th, I traveled to Japan as a Lumix Ambassador and was interviewed for the launch of the Panasonic Lumix GH5.
– On October 18th, 2016, I launched the “Photography School” app for iOS and Android.
– I exhibited at Photokina 2016 as a European Lumix Ambassador for the Panasonic Lumix TZ100 camera.
– Collaborated with Manfrotto as a photographer and blogger, creating reviews and testing products dedicated to the photography world.
– Collaborated with Crumpler as a photographer and blogger for the creation of reviews and testing of products dedicated to the photography world.
– Collaborated with Energizer as a photographer and blogger for the launch of the new Energizer EcoAdvanced batteries, my task was to participate in the event and review this product for a audience of photographers.
– Collaborated as a photographer and Instagrammer for Daniel Wellington from February 16th to March 8th.
– Interviewed by STYLE MAGAZINE attached to the Corriere della Sera, the Style Magazine issue I appeared in is #1 – January – February 2016.
– Star of the Panasonic spot for the Lumix TZ100, here is the link to the video of the spot: Introducing Panasonic LUMIX TZ100/ZS100 Digital Compact Camera.
– Blogger for MSC: I was chosen by MSC as a Blogger and Photographer to document the voyage of their ship, the MSC Opera, from Venice to Genoa with my photographs. My assignment lasted the entire journey, from November 3rd to November 8th.
– Speaker for FOWA S.p.a. at the Photoshow Milan 2015, as a Panasonic Lumix Ambassador I held a workshop titled “THE LANDSCAPE: FROM SHOOTING TO PUBLICATION”.
– Signing contract with Panasonic to become their European Lumix Ambassador.
– Publication of an article titled “Filters in shooting or post-production?” on page 86 of Progresso Fotografico, gold series, #35 titled “The black and white landscape”, ISBN: 977 – 0 – 03 – 308600 – 5.
– Hired for a second time by Samsung for the Image Logger project, for the new top of the range Samsung NX1 model.
– Opening VAT: 03351050830, Activity Code: 742019.
– Hired by Samsung for the “ImageLogger” project.
– Publisher of the online newspaper www.epipaideia.com registered at no. 3 of 27/02/2014 at the register of newspapers and periodicals of the court of Messina.
– Collaboration with Carl Zeiss and Nokia to test and review the Lumia 1020, a collaboration that led me to participate in an International Photography Workshop at the headquarters of Carl Zeiss AG.
– The collaboration started with the order of architects of Messina led me to participate with my photos in the book “Paesaggio 150”, a university publication that collects the interventions presented during the conference Paesaggio 150, held at the University of Reggio Calabria with the patronage of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage. ISBN number: 978-88-548-4480-3
– Collaboration with EPSON to review the photographs of the “EPSON, ONE YEAR OF SPORT” photo contest, the purpose of the reviews was to publicize the photo contest. This collaboration led me to Manchester (always on behalf of EPSON), my task was to document the trip of the winners.
– Collaboration with Sky Arte HD for the episode dedicated to Mustafa Sabbagh.
– Judge for photography contests organized by ProStudio360.it
– Publication of a photography book titled “MANUAL OF PHOTOGRAPHY – Eye, Mind and Heart” which became an immediate bestseller on LULU.COM.
– From December 2011, I started a collaboration with the magazine of the Order of Architects of Messina, so far my photos have appeared in the following numbers:
On number 7 of December 2011 – ARCHITECTURE BETWEEN URBANISM AND ARCHISTAR – ISSN 2039 – 1390.
– On numbers 8 and 9 of March/June 2012 (two in one) – EUTHANASIA AND REBIRTH – ISSN 2039 – 1390.
– Judge for Italy in the “Family Portraits” photography contest, the project was promoted by HOT POINT and Steve McCurry.
– My photos on the world of boxing were published on one of the most authoritative photography websites in Spain: xatakafoto.com; to see the article go to the following link: El boxeo según Marco Crupi.
– Occasional collaboration as an author for the well-known photography newspaper Clickblog.it (newspaper now closed).
– Participation in the Reza Deghati Workshop, a National Geographic photographer. Participation in this course was part of a project (Librino Arte) for which I was selected by winning a photography contest.